Saturday, March 13, 2010

#8 and #9 went fine and we are looking towards the dime (#10)

Happy to say we are 1 week away from #10 chemo which will mean the induction period of Eliana’s treatment will be completed and we will begin a new phase. The last two weeks have been a little touch and go with Eliana’s blood work but the great news is she has stayed on schedule. The last 2 Wednesdays her blood work was a little low but by the time we arrived to Cincy for chemo her blood work had raised. She is a tough cookie and has done great! I am focusing on keeping her comfortable after chemo (through the weekend) since she is having a lot of nausea. Her doctors are helping me with different combinations of medicines. When she gets sad I feel so empty inside and I just wish she could tell me what to do to make her feel better. The great moments definitely outweigh the bad moments and I try hard to savor all the small things in life.

As long as Eliana stays well and her blood work comes back ok, this Thursday we will be going to Cincy for Chemo #10 and an eye exam. The Ophthalmologist will compare her eye exam to her last exam which was in December. I am very much looking forward to this appointment as this will tell us how she is doing. Please join me in lots of prayers. I am optimistic and my faith is strong.

Eliana has been showered with the most fun hats I have ever seen. She is losing some of her gorgeous hair so these hats are cushioning some of our emotions. So far we are playing with her hats. Some days we wear them and some days we don’t. She really loves her Elmo hat. A huge thanks to Sarah, Michelle, Julie, Holly with Kick Ass Bows and her mom - Gmom for all your hard work and love. It is too emotional to put into words what this meant to Eliana and me. I love the love that surrounds us. I have learned so many things during this journey but one lesson that I repeat all the time is “take one day (sometimes 1 hour) at a time”).

Our Elmo Girl, Eliana

Daddy and Roberto at the zoo

Oh boy if it wasn’t for the St. Al’s Mom’s group we would be eating pizza every night. I appreciate you so much. Lisa brought us Fajitas, Melissa brought stuffed spinach shells and Michelle brought baked chicken. Yes, we are getting spoiled!

Grandma with her babies on the John Deere

Eliana and Papa at Roberto's basketball game

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Love you back more,



3 comments:

Dana Brohm said...

Ellie: You are doing so good. You are the prettiest and bravest little girl ever. I love you soooooo much.
The picture of you and Nana is great.

Sarah said...

Eliana... you are such a champ! Love you so much!!

Sorry to Grandma for calling her Nana!

Becca said...

MB,

Your strength and attitude is amazing. I know as you read this you will think to yourself that you are not as amazing as Eliana is. Bless your hearts and know that you are ALWAYS in our prayers and thoughts. I remember meeting you, Rob and Roberto in the parking lot at the zoo so few years ago. I am thankful that He crossed our paths. You're an amazing woman and mother.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca