Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tumor Has Shrunk!!!



I am on top of the world!!! Eliana’s tests last Wednesday and Thursday went wonderfully! It was a long 2 days but all so worth it. Eliana had tests both for her kidneys and her hearing. The doctors look for problems in these areas b/c there can be side affects from the chemo. I am happy to announce she passed both of those tests with flying colors. But the best news of all is what the MRI told us. The tumor has shrunk by 25%!!! The doctors and nurses came into our room with a kick in their step and smiles on their faces. I cried the biggest tears of joy and thanked our Lord above.

Our main Oncologist said that he would have been happy with the normal eye exam (which she had a couple of weeks ago) and no growth of the tumor through the MRI test. So once he learned that it had shrunk he was elated. Thank you for all the extra prayers. God sure is listening.

We all (Rob, MB, Roberto and Eliana) traveled to Cincinnati for this trip and we took my Dad with us. He was a huge blessing watching Roberto and for his strength through all of this. We even had a chance to go to the zoo for a quick visit. We love you PaPa!

There have been some complications with the current treatment Eliana has been receiving. The doctors have discussed with us an alternate treatment plan to reduce her chemotherapy drugs from two drugs weekly down to one higher dose drug monthly. With much discussion we have decided to go to the once a month therapy instead of every week. The good news is the obvious... traveling less. The bad news is the drug will be stronger so the doctors anticipate her being a little sicker after each treatment. Time will tell. We will begin this week. Eliana is one strong girl. I can honestly tell you she is much stronger than her Mom. She has taught me a lot.

We came home to a wonderful meal cooked by Danielle... manicotti. Thanks Danielle and also huge thanks to Paula for the delicious quiche and to Suzanne for the baked ziti and warm chocolate chip cookies.

Things have been incredibly busy in our family. Rob has been working unbelievable hours as he is meeting his work deadlines. I am very proud of him. Rob’s parents came in town for a week-end visit and we had a blast. Thank you to Gram Gram and to Grandpa Rick for the wonderful visit. I know they missed visiting with their son and I hope I didn’t drive them crazy! They rolled up their sleeves and went to work. They played with the kids of course but it didn’t stop there. They cooked dinner, vacuumed, dusted and cut our grass. We love our Illinois family.

We ended the week-end with an Easter celebration at my Mom’s home. It was a gorgeous day for an Easter Egg hunt. We celebrated our wonderful news and watched the kids play. My soul sister, Sarah, and her daughter Sophie were there to celebrate with us. They were the icing on the cake.

Pictures to come soon... my computer is on its last leg and is giving me fits to upload pictures. Sarah is coming over this week to help me figure out what is going on with it. So, in the meantime, I am sharing a picture we took of Eliana last month in her beautiful pink tutu!! I am sure you did not miss it at the top of this blog post!!

I am signing off with a great big smile on my face. I appreciate you following our journey more than I can express on this blog.


I will trust, and will not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and my might. Isaiah 12:2


Love you back more,

5 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVED spending time with you this weekend! YOU were our Easter blessing this year and Sophie so enjoyed her first outdoor egg hunt!

Such wonderful news to celebrate on such a blessed day!

Eliana is my hero!!!

Dana Brohm said...

Eliana is the most beautiful little girl. I love you so much. Thank you God.

Anita, mom to Claire said...

What a fabulous report!!! I feel so elated and thankful for you. Eliana is beautiful in her tutu. Thanks be to God!

Bill Smith said...

I feel your tears of happiness. I love reading the updates. You do such a wonderful job with everything on your plate.
Eliana is an "Angel from Heaven" sent to you and Rob. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Bill and Carolyn Smith

Becca said...

Celebrating with you! Sarah told me the good news. I am so happy for you guys. Continued prayers and love...

Peace and Hugs,
Becca